Monday, February 23, 2009

Playdoh Time!



These pictures were taken the weekend before Josh's birthday. He loves playing with his playdoh. We love it too. He has such a great time. Katie eats it, which is kinda gross, but she loves to poke her fingers in it. She also will fill some of the little cookie-cutter things with the playdoh, then push it all out. I didn't catch any of that on film though (can you really say, "on film" anymore? This whold digital age stuff is messing with our sayings...).

This picture is the result of my making the coolest little guy with a tall mohawk. Josh kept saying, "It's me, Mama, it's me!" I ran to get the camera to capture his coolness, and this is what I came back to. The results of a 3-yr old "helping:"

Katie sat in her high-chair with us and played a little. Mostly though, she sat and sang her little nonsense songs. I tried to take video of her singing the theme from Super Why! but you can't tell that's what she was singing because, of course, she stopped as I was filming. If you can't tell from the picture, I cut Katie's hair. It started with my giving Josh a haircut, no problems. Then I thought it would be great to cut the stringy baby-hair ends off of Katie's hair, so I barely cut any off. It was uneven, so I had to go back for more. Uneven the other way, so back for more. Needless to say, I won't be cutting her hair again until she can sit still for a decent patch of time (I think Miguel would kill me if I cut her hair again - he wasn't home when I did it).


I did try and make a new little playdoh man, but it just didn't turn out the same. I didn't bother with the mohawk, but Josh still liked him. It was a good day.



1 comment:

Jenjenbug said...

Fun. I haven't really tried play doh with Gavin yet. I can't believe how much hair Katie has! We haven't even cut Gavin's hair at all yet! Wow!