Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kookie Katie

I wish I had a video I could post here to prove how Kookie she really is. She is 16 months old now and adorably contrary. Examples:

*She never performs on command.
*She runs when you tell her to come.
*She can make a "Ma" sound, but if you tell her to say, "Mama" she says, "Daddy" - it never fails.
*She never wants to be the "only kid" - if Josh is sleeping while she is awake, she goes out of her way to wake him.
*She will try and scare you if she gets the chance, by sneaking up on you and saying, "BAH" in your face. It works, ask Miguel, she has scared him.

The only other word she says perfectly clearly is "Doggie" which she also knows the sound they make (ask her, she'll tell you... unless she doesn't want to). She knows a monkey sound and will do most things asked of her; She will even clean up when you ask her to, unless she thinks you're asking her to perform, then see above.
The other day I noticed she looked especially tired at dinner. I got up and started to clean up dinner and when I turned around, this is how I found her: