Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Josh's Bedtime Adventures

My son is turning 3 in a little less than 2 weeks, and he's just recently figured out how to climb out of his crib. This is something I was not looking forward to, but because of, we have discovered what a good boy we have. He won't get out of his bed unless he hollers out a request for permission and he gets it. He'll even cry in the bed if he thinks no one is around to answer. This is his doing, nothing we "trained" him on.

So we've decided since he's able to climb in and out himself, we'd give up on the 1 diaper-a-day policy we have (only at night) and give FULL potty-training a try. It's been amazing. It's been about a week, and as long as we wake him up before 6 am for a potty run, he's kept his bed dry.

Generally, in the later evenings (as in, after he's been put to bed) he'll ask if he can go potty, we'll tell him yes and to get right back into bed, and he does. Last night, on the other hand, I heard some rummaging around in his room after he was done in the potty. I didn't really pay much attention becuase he was pretty quiet and very quickly fell alseep.

At some point in the late evening I went to check on him and found this:


I about woke him up as I giggled and called Miguel to see. I love my little boy. He's getting a big-boy bed soon, and he's very excited. I wonder how that will work if he manages to do this with a CRIB??!!????

2 comments:

Jenjenbug said...

Wow! Busy night, for him, huh? I wonder why, but this entry just popped up on the thing that lets me know you have a new blog post, but it still says it's from Feb 4, weird...

secwalker said...

Cute :) You know, when we moved Avery into her "big bed" she used to do the same thing and crowd tons of toys and stuffed animals into her bed. Funny kids.