Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hair cuts...


The snow returned last night and I went to get my hair cut again. I say again because I chopped it all off about 4 weeks ago. I liked the hair cut I got, but didn't LOVE it. I went back today to get it done again, and it's worse. sigh. I don't think it looks terrible, just not as fan-tab-ulous as I'd hoped. Today's haircut will grow into what I want pretty soon, I think, so I'm kinda excited.

Here is how it was after the first cut - not great pics, but something...

I really liked the back of it best - and it looks a lot different in the pictures than when I came home.

It looked much different today when I got home. They gave me the "messy" look and I HATED it. I brushed it out immediately upon getting home and it improved immensely. I like the length, but not really the style. It just isn't what I was looking for. A problem with never having had short hair before - or a haircut which I needed to "maintain" - is that when they ask me what I want, I don't know what to tell them and I just can't visualize it. So I tell them to do what they want. In today's case, I'm not thrilled with their choice. The best part? It's just hair and it will grow back soon enough.

Here is how it turned out - and look, there's Katie.

I am officially letting my hair grow out until I can get it into more of a bob and less of a pixie. Here is another one of Katie, just because she is so darn cute.

One thing I must say I do like about the short hair. I have to style it. Most would think this would be a down-side, rather than a perk. I find it to be wonderful. Since I'm still losing baby-weight and don't often take time to put on make-up, I love it that I can feel cute because I have to take the time to do my hair. I haven't ever "styled" my hair daily before. I was a wash and wear girl - usually with my hair still quite wet when I would leave the house. No longer an option, but I'm not sad about it.

No comments: