Saturday, March 29, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Josh is officially potty training!!!! He started this himself. We had originally planned on doing a "cold turkey" weekend, as he was exhibiting all of the signs of being ready. We were getting ready for it, stock-piling Elmo and Thomas the train underwear and really talking up the potty, when one day Josh just took his diaper off of himself and went poo in his little toilet! We haven't ever done the cold-turkey training, but he has been going on his own in the toilet multiple times during the day. It seems to me when we really push it is when he regresses. So we've been leaving him in diapers and he'll just take it off to go potty. I'm so excited, it's great. He's been using LOTS fewer diapers. Maybe one of these days we'll put him in his big boy undies...I'm sure it won't be too long.

My job is changing. For those who don't know, the company where I have worked for the last 7 years was recently purchased. Since my job is at the corporate level, not the client level, it's being eliminated. Thankfully, they have a job they want me to stay on and do. At this point I plan on staying with the company no matter what, but I am certainly looking into what options I have so our family can have what it needs. I must admit I was disappointed at not being laid off because the severance package would have been FABULOUS. But I know a job for the long-run is better than a big payout in one shot. The job I get to do won't start until I am transitioned off the job I've been doing since moving here. That means I don't have any dates when things will change. It's all very fluid and my whole department is stuck in limbo. We've been dealing with new software roll-outs and all kinds of fun things. It's been very, very busy and quite stressful.

I know we'll be taken care of. I just hate the lack of structure it will take during the "transition."

We still have 3 dogs. Sherman is easily the largest and still the most spastic. I can't wait until he calms down. He's FINALLY not jumping on me as much, so hopefully we'll be able to break him of that. He recently discovered barking at the neighbors could be fun. Sarge has taken to chasing birds and airplanes. Sadie can still jump the fence and has proven it a few times again recently. Life is good. Here is a picture of Sherman.

1 comment:

GLove said...

How goes the potty training these days!