Monday, September 10, 2007

General Family Update


I've been waiting for something cool to report before updating this site, but nothing cool has happened recently. We're boring people, I guess.

My belly is getting bigger and bigger. I swear, at 34 weeks along this time I was as big or bigger than I was when I delivered Josh. All of my maternity clothes are already too tight in the belly. I wonder what I will wear to work every single day. Thank goodness there are only 3 more weeks of having to figure out what "business casual" means when I'm big and full of baby. One of these days I will take a better picture so you can all ogle the belly, but until then, this one will have to suffice (the dogs are Sarge and Sherman).


Let's see - oh, we have a sad update on the red Houdini-dog we fostered for awhile (see Felix Family Animal Shelter entry, I dubbed her Houdini after that entry was made, as she just appears and disappears from our fenced backyard). She was running around the neighborhood the other night and was hit by a car. She was still alive and not visibly bleeding, though she wouldn't stand up. The person who hit her (a police-man, actually) went and let her owners know what happened. They came and got her and were asking around if anyone knew of any 24hr vet services. It was really sad. She had sort-of become the neighborhood dog. Everyone in the neighborhood knew her and she just roamed around and visited everyone. There was a bit of a confrontation between the owner and a dog-lover from the next block over. Miguel asked the owner if he was going to keep her in his yard now. The owner didn't care for that and started spouting off. The young guy from the next block over chimed in about how irresponsible it was to let her roam around and then Miguel was holding the kid back telling him to calm down. The kid went BALLISTIC!!! trying to get to the owner. It was funny to see this kid go from a normal mature person into ghetto-I'm-gonna-kill-you mode. As funny as it was, it still was sad to see Houdini taken away so obviously in pain. As annoying as she could be, we miss her.This picture is Josh holding Sherman's tail (not an unusual event) and Sadie getting ready to teach Sherman a lesson.

Miguel and I have both been recently released from our callings at church. Miguel was definitely sad about it as he really enjoyed teaching the Gospel Doctrine class. I was more sad than I thought I would be; I was the Enrichment Counselor in the Relief Society (aka - 2nd counselor). I'm not crafty in any way, so I was surprised to be put into that calling in the first place, but I learned some things. As much work as it was, I enjoyed working closely with the other sisters in the presidency. We'll see where we both end up next. Our little branch isn't big enough for us to be out of callings for too long.

That's it for now. I will post Josh updates separate, as I'm sure it'll be long. More puppy pictures to come as well...Sherman is getting SO BIG!!!!

No comments: