Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Goofy Kid Turns 1


It has arrived. Katie is 1 year old. We don't do parties right now, but we always are sure to buy cupcakes and sing Happy Birthday. Thursday night we all sat around the kitchen table and turned Katie loose on her first cupcake. It was very fun and a very nice bright point amidst our current trials. We all had a wonderful time and I must say, those cupcakes disappeared quite quickly.

I took this week off of work and it has been such a blessing. Amidst struggle, we have managed to pull together as a family more closely than ever. I am eternally grateful for my loving spouse, my beautiful children and the Gospel in our lives which allows us to grow together and feel more joy than I know how to express.

3 comments:

mexicarol said...

Yay Katie!! How precious! Hang in there, girl. You're much stronger than you think you are--and there's nothing like a strong, priesthood bearing husband to help out in those moments you think you might not make it. Love you!

Aranne and Dan said...

Ditto to that... I hope you are doing okay. Let me know if you need anything that I can help with a million miles away! Happy birthday to your little one! They grow so fast huh!?

Lina said...

An happy birthday to you to Jo! :-) Hope you got some cupcakes on your birthday too! XXXX