Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First Family Visit



The first weekend in November - including Halloween - we were happy to play host to my mom and my sister's family. I was quite excited because it was the first time I was going to see my nephew Gavin, and also because I hadn't seen them in almost 2 years - and Philip I hadn't seen in over 2 years!

We didn't have anything planned...just wanted to hang out. The house was (as expected) a complete zoo with 5 adults, 3 kids and 3 dogs in our small space, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent together. Miguel and Philip played Guitar Hero 3. We all stayed up late every night and managed to sleep in late in the mornings (yes, even Josh). We even had pictures taken of the kids together, with Katie in her beautiful, handmade blessing dress (thank you again, Mom).

We didn't do much for Halloween. People don't seem to go trick-or-treating here. It is more common to see the various church parking lots (any denomination) filled with "trunk"-or-treaters. In fact, our first 2 Halloweens here we never even saw any kids out. We did take pictures of our kids in their costumes though. Gavin made an adorable tiger, Josh was Yoda (yep, again) and Katie was decked out in the pumpkin gear.

We actually went to the Zoo one of the days they were here. It was great! Nashville has a much better zoo than I expected. We ended up buying a membership and for the next year, the Felix family now has something to do that won't cost anything but the gas to get there - and thankfully, it isn't far.

After a week, they all went home and normalcy has returned to our home. Josh misses the excitement, I think, but not the chaos. He has been able to return to his regular routine, which my sanity appreciates.

No comments: