Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Life at a Year and 5 Months

My son doesn't watch much TV. He is usually much too busy pulling all of his toys out of his toybox and spreading them about the part of the house he can get to. Occasionally he stops and will look at the TV - especially if he hears Elmo. In the mornings it is usually childrens' shows on TV or the news, depending on whether Miguel is watching it or not.

In addition to Elmo, Josh also likes a show called, "The Big, Comfy, Couch" which is about a clown and her doll who hang out on the Big, Comfy Couch and talk about various child-friendly, educational things - like having a bad day, or being rude, or sharing. There is usually a song (my fav being about your belly button), or dance routine of some kind and the main clown usually reads a story at some point. At the end of the show, she always cleans up after herself (my favorite part), claiming, "I made the mess, so I have to clean up, it's only fair!." But I digress...

This was the first TV show Josh ever showed interest in, so whenever we think of it we'll turn it on in the mornings. At the beginning of the show she always does a stretch routine on this big rug that looks like a clock. Recently, Josh has taken to joining in. When Loonette says she is going to do her clock-rug-stretch and lays down on her rug, he'll lay down and put his legs in the air. He doesn't really follow along, but when Miguel and I realized what he was doing we cracked up. I guess he does it whenever the show is on now. It makes me laugh. I have only ever seen 1 other set of kids "interact" with the TV and I don't remember doing it when I was a kid. He also will wave to her when she waves at the beginning of the show.

As for what he does the rest of the day - he eats 'Banananas' and carries his toys around the house. He usually has cars strewn everywhere. He talks ALL the time, in this Josh-gibberish that we can't understand. He practically runs everywhere he goes, which can be pretty entertaining when there are toys all over the floor because he trips and falls over things all the time. Then again, he trips and falls over nothing at times too...

Here is a little video of Josh just being Josh. Sorry it's a bit blurry, but he's talking and running around like he does every day, so I thought you might enjoy:


No comments: